View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 07:25 AM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Huge blow for the cruise industry, too, as visiting those islands is their bread and butter, and nobody wants to visit a disaster zone! They had to cancel all sorts of people's trips and plans I'm sure. A lot of the ships went to those islands and offloaded all the water and food etc they had stocked on board for passengers. They also rescued people stranded on those islands and sailed thousands of people back home. Very heroic! Just so many people suffering from these two hurricanes in so many places, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, and all those island countries and territories that got hit so hard.

I feel very helpless that I can't help my Dad or even get in touch with him directly. I hope his power and telephone are restored soon, and he doesn't suffer too much, with no AC, no lights or stove or fridge. I hope his kind neighbors are looking after him (worry). I just want to get in the car/hop a plane and go down and get him, but where would I take him? He doesn't want to live with us (can't get up all our stairs, house is too chilly and drafty for him etc).

Poor PodDad slicing up his hands taking the bunks apart! Men are very handy (for the heavy lifting stuff). Although Mr ML has been getting on my very last nerve lately, so I'm worried when we're spending all our time together. We usually get along so well. Well.. I'm definitely NOT buying a place in Florida, that's for sure!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan