View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 07:50 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Thinking back retrospectively, her doing cocaine was a big jump. I enjoyed her story arc cause its the first thing I saw of the show and it was that messiness that helped me fall in love with her. I saw her as lost and being manipulated by that older man. She was looking for people to care about her and was totally adrift.

One issue I hate is when writers think they have to keep characters apart if they aren't going to be together. Why do these other partners have to look like they stand a chance when they don't. I love what Empire does because it kept Cookie/Luscious in each others orbits while dating others and still having that push and pull. I think its harder for teens because they aren't at work and you can't use their career as something to tie them together. But, its what I love about riverdale. They use the mystery/crime angle to put these people in each others orbits. I always thought the we have to keep them apart because they are that good excuse was always a pile of garbage. Imo, its a sign of bad writing or a lack of creativity.
I think I could at least enjoyed the storyline if they actually dealt with the issue but the writers pretty much dropped the issue the second Jake came back. Agreed, I find that way of writing when it comes to couples such an copout and that's why I hated the way the writers went up LP's separation in S2, since it just gave some people false hope.