View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I mentioned up thread or on a past thread I thought it was downright unhealthy Peyton was instantly in hands on mode for Jenny. Peyton had a great heart and was way more mature than Brooke at this point, but it still didn't make any sense and I actually found myself feeling uncomfortable watching some of those scenes, especially seeing Peyton and Jake looking at Jenny while she was sleeping like they were this older married couple with a long history. It just looked weird to me. If they had been dating for a couple of years I could see this scenario but not immediately. Good point that Brooke would have had to have dealt with Jake's priority being Jenny. She would have grown up very fast and understood there are way more important scenarios out there than faking a pregnancy to get back at a boy you had a crush on.
Yes it was and for someone who was as closed as she was at the start of S1, it should have taken a lot longer for Peyton to be as hands on with Jenny as she was and I think Mark rushed that aspect of her development so he could go the Jeyton route. Those scene were pretty uncomfortable for me considering how they were together for only like a couple of weeks at that point and even worse when considering that Peyton was in love with Luke an couple of months previously. Brooke might have been less matured, but it would have taken her less time imo to be able to look after Jenny since she didn't have the issues that Peyton had. Yep and I think everyone would be happy with that development.

Quote:
I remember Mark stating he was surprised by the chemistry between James and Joy and really had to cash in on their connection on screen. So he obviously didn't even plan on Naley getting together romantically until he personally viewed the two actors on screen and was impressed by their chemistry. I just wonder when he decided to get them married after first realizing he was putting them together romantically.
I've read that and not sure exactly they decided on the marriage storyline, but I would have been shocked if it was planned in that far in advance.

Quote:
Me too. Satisfied with Leyton's ending made the idea of watching 7-9 a lot easier. I thought it'd be kind of cool to sit back and watch knowing my main ship sailed already. However, the second it became obvious Mark was trying to sell Clay/Quinn as the new Leyton my annoyance set in. Then the eventual jabs usually from Brooke's mouth insinuating Leyton was off in their own world as a family not caring about them anymore was irritating too. Eventually it was obvious Clay/Quinn flopped as the new Leyton so I got over that even if they bugged the crap out of me during the next three seasons. But the comments here and there from Brooke, a little bit with Haley about Lucas and Peyton not being around for them was annoying because it was so obvious it was merely Mark's frustration. It was a solid reminder that the series should have ended the second it was clear Chad and Hilarie weren't returning. Still, even throughout the seasons 7-9 mess I thought about Leyton's happy ending as a family and that was always the bright shining star.
I haven't really watched a lot of S7-9 and I've kinda got no interest to since I was pretty much watching for LP at that point. I love Brulian and Naley, but they aren't an good enough reason for me to check them out.