View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 10:02 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Exactly. It would have been much better focusing on their individual growth instead of what we received. Peyton and cocaine? Really? I actually found that very out of character. Even as a psychologist, I found that weird. Usually when you hit the cocaine point, you've already been drinking like a fish, smoking pot daily, and then it evolves into more hardcore drugs like cocaine. Peyton just sort of skipped the usual process and went for it. I also didn't love that it was Jake that "saved" Peyton either. Mark tried so hard to make us believe they fell head over heels in love with each other or that Jake was even partially why she went there with the cocaine too. I didn't like how Peyton was constructed in season 2 at all. It didn't make sense to me. I could see her upset over her father not be around, most certainly. But the way she handled feeling abandoned was severe.
I remember that Hilarie didn't like the cocaine storyline since she didn't that it wasn't like Peyton to do something like that. I think pot would have more sense imo or even drinking too. I didn't like the implication that Jake saved Peyton either, since that meant imo that him leaving was the way she was at the start of the season and that's not true at all. Luke not being in her life and her Dad not being around were far bigger reasons for that for me and it was just an misrepresentation of S1 Jeyton. What would you have liked to have seen with Peyton instead and what made you think her reaction to being abandoned was severe? What did you think of S2 Luke?