View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I totally agree with a two part opening for season 3. Even if they couldn't do two hours they could of said to be continued and do a two part episode.

It would of been cool to have even flashback of the summer of talks and events that related to season 2 and then tying it back to how to was effecting them in the present.
Although back then, that storyline device wasn't very much used. It's a standard now. But it might have helped the storyline go down easier. But they wanted a Big Bang episode to introduce the show. And yet show the fallout of Season 2. Because they wanted it to be able to bring new viewers. They didn't want the show to be much of rehashing of what came before it, because they might have not have seen it on the WB. And usually if you have to know what came before, you don't hang to see the show. So they wanted to show the fallout, but have it more standalone or see the fallout that came from their Utah adventure.

It was a hard position for the show to be in. They could have done a lot, differently. But then for the most part, I enjoyed all of it more today than I did back in the day.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!