View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 02:47 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yep, Mark knew that Lucas and Peyton couldn't be in each other's lives in S2 if Brucas and Jeyton were going to look believable. I get the thinking behind it, but I wish he handled their separation differently and focused more on LP's individual growth that season before rebuilding their friendship too.
Exactly. It would have been much better focusing on their individual growth instead of what we received. Peyton and cocaine? Really? I actually found that very out of character. Even as a psychologist, I found that weird. Usually when you hit the cocaine point, you've already been drinking like a fish, smoking pot daily, and then it evolves into more hardcore drugs like cocaine. Peyton just sort of skipped the usual process and went for it. I also didn't love that it was Jake that "saved" Peyton either. Mark tried so hard to make us believe they fell head over heels in love with each other or that Jake was even partially why she went there with the cocaine too. I didn't like how Peyton was constructed in season 2 at all. It didn't make sense to me. I could see her upset over her father not be around, most certainly. But the way she handled feeling abandoned was severe.