View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 10:11 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I probably would have kept the triangle in the show in season 1, but changed it to an point where none of the characters came off as badly as they did.
I hated it so much though. But yes, if it would have ended without the revisit, I would have been okay. The other thing I hated was finding out Brooke had sex with Nathan while Nathan/Peyton were off during their on and off bit. I despise seeing Brooke cheating with Nathan, continuing pursuit of Lucas and how she did this to Peyton not caring... add in how little she knew about Peyton's struggle over the loss of her mom... Brooke was so insensitive to Peyton in about every aspect of her life and I hated it.

Quote:
What would you have done instead of the tour? I think the tour annoys me more than anything since it clearly only happened because Joy was on tour in RL and even though it was meant to be Haley's storyline, it was more about poor Nathan. Honourable mentions to Brucas and Jeyton storylines this season.
I would have had Haley go away and study music, some sort of music thing tied to education. Something that mutually both Haley and Nathan would have been on board with without the dramatic BS of that Haley/Chris kiss, Chris into her, lack of communication. The biggest drama/struggle would have been coping long distance but without lack of communication or a threat to their marriage.

Quote:
Yep, the writers could have easily introduced Peyton's brother into the show without the psycho aspect of that storyline.
Mark messed this one up. The real Derek was awesome and didn't have enough screen time.

Quote:
The whole Lindsay triangle was extremely contrived imo and some aspects of it didn't match up to what we got with Luke and LP in the first 4 seasons. Nanny Carrie also wasn't needed either.
Right, Carrie too! LOL Both LL and Carrie worked my last nerve. It wasn't just annoyance, it was lingering, wasted screentime BS that wasn't necessary. If Mark wanted drama between LP in season 5 it didn't have to be a third party. That's lazy writing. Have them be apart because of what happened in LA and give them good solid storylines on their own for a while then... Lucas and writing, Lucas and Nathan stuff, Peyton struggling with her career, etc. I dislike when showrunners feel the only way to create drama between a main pairing is with a third party/triangle. That's lazy! In real life do triangles happen? Sure, but not nearly as much as they happen on the small and large screen.

Quote:
I would have liked the Brooke gets attacked storyline if the rest of the core 5 didn't all come off as horrible friends and the writers actually did something with it. I actually liked the pregnancy drama we got with Leyton and 6.17 is one of my all time favourite LP episodes because of that.
The Brooke getting attacked story was precisely to highlight Brooke in victim mode and the others being insensitive pricks. This goes back to our theory that Mark worshipped Brooke. I think Chad and Hilarie, as usual, played Leyton to perfection in every moment on the screen, especially the dramatic moments. But since Leyton left shortly after the pregnancy drama, it would have been so nice seeing Leyton and Naley happy, spending time together, fun date nights, before Leyton left. That is why I wish the timeline would have been Leyton married in the finale of 5, Leyton giving birth around mid-season 6, some happy Leyton times until they drove off into the sunset in the finale of 6.