View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 07:57 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I have always wanted to go to Paris despite the people if that makes sense. I love Art and it has the Louvre. I also love old architecture and Paris has that to offer. To me its akin to visiting any major European city from a historical perspective. I mean I can't stand the Czech, but it would never prevent me from going to visit Prague.

One of these days I will get beyond the British Isles and see Spain, France (my cousin will kill me if I don't come to see her in Nantes) and Prague.
I've never heard someone rip the Czechs before, lol. I am Slovak and Polish but due to the split (Slovaks/Czechs) probably have some very, very distant Czech blood too. Although I've always said I'm 50% Slovak (mom), 50% Polish (dad) since that is the truth. My Grandmother said we probably have some very distant Czech blood though considering Slovaks and Czechs once shared a country together as a whole. There's a retired professional Czech hockey player with the same last name as my maternal Grandfather (same spelling) and we've joked over the years that we are probably related.

I just don't have the interest in Paris, if I did I'd consider going. Putting aside all of the nightmare stories I've heard from my very own family and friends who have been there, it's not even about that only. I just don't have the interest in the city in general. I want to check out where my very extended family is from... Slovakia, Poland, hit Czech Republic too because I don't know of a person who dislikes Prague and I have to see it! I know people who go out of their way to hit Prague. Have to go and get my cultural food in all three places. I want to go to Italy as well, and would love to check out Koni's Bulgaria too. Oh and definitely the UK.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-05-2017 at 10:51 AM