View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 AM
sherry02
Master Fan

I watched this today. I had been dreading it for several reasons. One, because it means the show is over for me. Also I was really dreading Mary's execution scene. Since I read online that they didn't give us a close up of it like they did with Lola and there would be a Frary reunion afterward, I got through it okay. I did skip the last part of the scene after Mary was told her son wasn't coming where she was walking up to the execution block. I just didn't want that scene in my mind, so I went straight to the Frary reunion where I cried like a baby. It was so beautiful.

I tried to give Darnley a chance, but I just never grew to like him, so I wasn't sad to see him meet his end.

I still don't know what to think about Bothwell. I liked the fictional version of him, even knowing his real life counterpart was terrible. In this episode I suspected for the first time that maybe his repeated suggestions that Darnley needed to be killed were more about having Mary for himself than they were about protecting her. It would have been interesting to see where they went with this had there been a season 5.

I was glad to see James back and in my mind, he and Greer are together and as happy as they could be given Mary's imprisonment for all those years.

I would have thoroughly enjoyed seeing John Knox die. Too bad that didn't happen.

What the heck did that witch give to Cathrine and Narcisse? And why wouldn't she die? Was she possessed?

I really didn't care much about Charles/Nicole/Henri.

The thing I was the most disappointed in was Claude and Luc. I would like to have some resolution to that story. We were completely left hanging on them.
sherry02 is offline   Reply With Quote