View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Jaime Bee
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know how fast they shot episodes but I've always read James was only supposed to be in a few episodes & then die.

That Angelus & Dru were gonna be the villains the rest of the season.

Spike was supposed to die in the fire but b/c of fans & I'm sure there was more to it Joss decided to have him in a wheelchair.

So looking at the episode it wasn't until the last moment that we saw Spike wasn't dust.

They could have gone back & shot that one scene later to add.

So much about the show would have been diff. without Spike.

I was just a casual viewer back then. I remember when I saw Becoming Part 2 wanting Spike to stay & for some reason have to work with Buffy.

I didn't see it has him being a love interest.

I just loved him & thought it would be fun to see Spuffy drive each other crazy.

I really missed him Season 3. I was so happy when I saw he was back Season 4.

Then Something Blue made me want Spuffy together. I was so pissed when she went to Riley at the end.

James said that Joss knew Spuffy were pop. online. They were the most pop. UC ship. Something Blue was actually to test viewers to see if they liked them.

SMG/JM were already pushing for Spuffy together.

SMG actually told Teen Magazine that she suggested to Joss that Spike be who Buffy was with after Angel but at the time he said no more vampires.

SMG also said Spike was her fantasy guy in the same interview.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon