View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 11:28 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

^ Posting the bit about Danny & Luke:

Quote:
There’s a really fun odd couple dynamic between Danny Rand and Luke Cage. What do you enjoy about playing how very different they are, and why do you think they develop a soft spot for each other?

JONES: The great thing about the relationship between the two characters is that it’s incredibly relevant. It’s a relationship that’s needed on screen right now. They come from very different backgrounds and they have very different points of view, but despite all of it, they’re able to find a common ground and actually become very good friends. I think that’s a very relevant relationship that we need on screen, at the moment. I think the reason why Danny and Luke are able to become such good friends and really relate to each other is that, despite their differences, deep down, they see the trauma in each other, they see the struggle, and they see the vulnerability. I think it’s the vulnerability that is the key. As an actor, as Danny, when I look into Luke’s eyes, I see his vulnerability amid all of his strength, and I relate that to my own vulnerability in my strength. We both of these abilities and we’re both considered by our outside world as strong heroes or people, but we are also both vulnerable and we both understand that in each other. Despite our differences, because of that, we’re actually able to work together and find a really strong friendship.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.