View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 10:32 AM
HazelEyes008
Elite Fan

I like this post on tumblr.... Anon ask

Anonymous asked: Hi Liza I love your answers. For Capt Swan what do you think has been the best story decision by the writers and the worst?
In terms of Captain Swan, I think the best decision the writers made was having Hook fall in love first and then be 100% unfailing in his devotion to her. Once he realized he was in love, he never wavered, he was ride or die, willing to go to the end of the world or time for her. It took her awhile to believe and accept it, but there was never any question, especially for the audience, of how much Hook loved her. He was all in from the beginning and that was such an amazing thing for someone like Emma who had been abandoned and hurt by everyone else in her life.

The audience was constantly awed and humbled by the lengths he would go to for her, what he would give up for her, asking for nothing in return. Amazing.

He was the exception (to what she thought was the rule, people hurt and leave her) and it was a really beautiful element to this epic love story.

I’ll say the worst decision they made was 6x14 and Hook even contemplating leaving after their argument. I just don’t believe that the Hook I describe above, would even contemplate getting on a submarine and leaving Emma for goodness knew how long, let alone pack a bag and head to the docks. I get that he was shaken to his core by finding out he had killed David’s father, but abandoning Emma?? NO. Even if Emma turned her back on him for a while (which she didn’t) I would expect Hook to hang out on the Jolly Roger, give her some space, but NEVER leave.

Hand-in-hand with that is the characterization of Emma immediately believing that he would abandon her without even saying goodbye and her moving his things to the garage the next day. Nope. He’d proven over and over again that he was steadfast and would do anything for her and yet she just accepts he left? No questions? No doubt? It never occurs to her that in Storybrooke where villains run wild and are up to something every minute of every day, and where there were several currently gunning for her, that something nefarious might have happened? That was one bad decision right there.

I guess it makes sense that in my opinion the worst storytelling decision they made goes against what I think is the best. They stayed true to Hook’s devotion to her and his refusal to abandon her for so long, it’s a shame that they succumbed to temptation for some cheap drama in the eleventh hour.

However, let’s dwell on the positive. Killian Jones loves Emma Swan MORE THAN ANYTHING and HE WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR HER and he would NEVER LEAVE HER and spending years proving that is one of the best decisions the writers ever made!

Hi Liza I love your answers. For Capt Swan what do...