View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 09:17 AM
SRBleyton4ever
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
no one is obligated to keep posting on a tv show forum.
This. I've loved this board and Skins before that for the people that I have connected with, and I look forward to continuing that on other boards and social media, but Orphan Black was always a small show. I'm actually amazed we managed to keep this board open for its entire run because some shows don't get that. We all have lives, other interests, and I agree it's not much fun posting on a board because of the obligation of keeping posts up, instead of because you actually want to post on a board.

Quote:
If you can't find the time to support five years of some of the most extraordinary writing/acting in the modern era, then let go of the pretense that you ever understood what it meant to be "welcome to the trip."
And this annoys me even more. If the rule was we had to praise and love something to be able to participate in discussion, and could NEVER critique? Discussions would never last long. Doesn't matter how much you like a movie or TV show, there are always going to be things that could've been better. We've supported Orphan Black for 5 years. If we hadn't as I said above this board would've closed a long time ago. You may not like the idea of the board closing which is your right, and are completely entitled to express sadness as many of us have, but you don't have the right to attack or accuse us of playing pretend. For one it's extremely patronizing and completely untrue.

For my part I agree with the board closing. As I've said it's been a good time, you have all been so wonderful & we've had some great conversations and laughs, but my posts have been dwindling over the last year & that's something I don't see changing & it is better to go out on our own terms than be forced into closure. I'll be sure to go on the Cophine couple thread & may catch up with you guys on the Supergirl board if I don't completely give up on the show

Quote:
I'm old enough to know self-hatred when I see it.
If you think what we've been doing on this board is self hatred, clearly you never ventured into the Gossip Girl spoiler & speculation threads which was one heck of a trip and any Pretty Little Liars thread ever, because we knew the show was trash but couldn't quit.