View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 07:46 AM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I agree. They just trashed everyone with the 21st century version.

Quote:
And do you mean THE Abomination, Emil Blonsky? Or IT was an abomination?
Not bloody Blonsky. :throws the Abomination across North America:

Quote:
I just hope that Marvel doesn't allow all this Disney nonsense to totally corrupt it. They need to get back to basics and enough with this "All New, All Different" crap. Did they learn nothing from DC's mistakes?
Who the wants "all new" anyway? I want the old stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I know, I like that old Avengers vs. X-Men cover from the 60's. Notice Hank Pym as Giant Man? His presence in those early Avengers stories can't be understated.
That was one of the most useless lineups the Avengers ever had. I prefer it when Thor or Hercules are with the team. Or even Cap or Iron Man. Or Monica Rambeau or She-Hulk. Or Vision or Wonder Man.

I understand you may like that lineup out of nostalgia, but my nostalgia is for the mid '80s (my childhood) and the early '70s (my uncles' comics). I've never had much time for Hank Pym. He just never caught my imagination. And I know the Black Panther is important as the first black superhero, but I think they did a much better job with Bishop (who's still black as far as I'm concerned!) and Storm and Monica Rambeau. I like the Wasp and Hawkeye well enough, but I never found them terribly exciting.

What they did to Bishop, btw, is a classic example of the awful things Marvel has done this century. They switched him from African American to Australian Aborigne background, which insults both groups. Firstly, it steals a character from African Americans when there aren't many of such characters and secondly it insults both groups by acting like they're interchangeable and don't have separate identities. Like everybody dark-skinned is the same. And I think they made Bishop a traitor too.

Quote:
Marc Silvestri? Didn't he go on to do Cyberforce for Image Comics?
I never gave much of a damn about Image. I remember him on X-Men and Wolverine. Never was crazy about his style, but he sort of grew on me.

Last edited by sum1; 08-14-2017 at 11:47 AM