View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:42 AM
smoguntia
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I had to take three lessons with the driving school before I got my initial learner permit, which was just being able to drive if a parent or legal guardian was in the car and NO ONE else. After six lessons and passing a written test, I had my full learner's permit and as long as a parent or guardian was in the car I could drive with passengers (like my sister). Then after X many hours behind the wheel and Y many months, I could take the second segment which was videos and written examinations, then I could take my road test.
Until about 10 years ago, you had to been 18 to get a driving licence. Now you can be 17, but you have to drive with a guardian until you are 18. The guardian has to be over 30, has to have a licence for more than 5 years, and has to be registered as your guardian. And he isn't allowed to drink (or has to be under the allowed legal alcohol limit - which is 0,05% BAC).
My friend's answer, when asked if she wants another drink, always was "I can't my daughter is driving"

~Susanne ~