View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 04:52 AM
jls2971
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Even with Erica interview , still wasn't 100% sure why the change … it may be the fans showed network& her Daniel is popular . He also has a history with CBS from Hawaii 5-0 .

Tough in this era where actors of color or other races , being replaced on a show that had always had a black male co star since day one .
Yeah the paget stuff was messed up … I have seen interviews with Rachel, I was a fan before CM…She said it wasn't a surprise yet she took a lot of fan backlash . She went onto to star in 3 seasons of a very successful at Canadian sci-fi show , that ended up being shown in US and EUROPE !
Yeah, the interview wasn't really that clear as to why they wanted to switch from Damon to Daniel, just that they "felt it was the right decision".

Not that Erica wanted Damon to get fired or anything, but I could see her wanting Daniel instead of Damon. She created Beyond Borders and was very invested in it. She was focusing more on that it seems and Breen Frazier was helping with CM.

On another forum, someone said that Matt on BB reminded them of Derek from CM. Many people feel that Morgan and JJ are Erica's favorites. So maybe Matt was her favorite from BB?

CBS has been so messed up and crappy when it comes to Criminal Minds and the cast. I think I saw somewhere recently that the only seasons where there weren't major cast changes were seasons 1, 4, 5 and 9. Season 2 had Elle leave and Prentiss join. Season 3 had Gideon leave and Rossi join. JJ and Prentiss left in season 6 and Seaver joined. Seaver left before season 7 and Prentiss and JJ came back. Prentiss left again at the end of season 7. Blake joined in season 8. Blake left at the end of season 9. Kate joined in season 10 but left at the end of that season. Tara joined in season 11 and Derek left in season 11. Hotch left in season 12 and Luke and Walker joined. Now Walker is getting killed off in season 13 and Simmons is joining. That's just so many cast changes in 13 years. And if you want to get technical, the only 2 non disturbed seasons were 5 and 9. Season 1 had a change of cast between episodes 1 and 2 because JJ joined and JJ was on maternity leave for a while in season 4. So seasons 5 and 9 were the main ones where the regular cast was there for the entire season without replacements or anyone leaving.

Ha, they could make a spinoff with all the actors who are no longer on the show!
1. Gideon
2. Hotch
3. Morgan
4. Blake
5. Seaver
6. Kate
7. Walker
8. Elle

And yeah, the hate that Rachel received wasn't fair. It's not like she was the one who fired AJ and Paget. I wasn't a fan of the character, but that doesn't mean the actress deserved all the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d18 (View Post)
Karen Maser‏ @KarenMaser

Then you will be happy to watch Ep 1311 to be written by the fabulous @ecmess & @Vangsness.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing