View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Erin9
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)
I agree. But to be fair to Mike, I think the circumstances of the case, and of this man's son's death, hit too close to home and he's letting his emotions cloud his better judgement. He's going about "helping" in all the wrong ways, stepping on the people closest to him for the supposed greater good, jeopardizing everything--this case, the reputation of both his firm and the clinic, and his closest relationships--just because he can't say "no" when he should. (And, there may be other factors motivating him, but I won't speculate here.)

Again, I won't speculate too much, but I think both Harvey and Donna have been unaware of what their feelings for each other are, or, at least, have repressed those feelings to the extent that they can feel safe with each other and work together without a messy romance--they both have tons of emotional baggage-- disrupting what has been a very successful working partnership and friendship.
Fair point about Mike. He can't see straight. I just find the pro bono story so aggravating on every level- for multiple episodes, that I'm having trouble cutting him any slack. The fallout might be good, granted, but I've really disliked the lead up.

Well said about Harvey and Donna. Ever since the rule went into effect they've done what they had to to make their relationship work- and work very well. Change would probably be pretty scary at this point too.

I believe the father did want Mike to stay on, but he could have walked away and certainly should have.

Last edited by Erin9; 08-11-2017 at 06:24 PM