View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

I thought that whole love triangle was handled really poorly, I mean yeah they didn't make Teddy look good but honestly the same is true for Deacon. You just had to trust for the longest time (and once in a while see glimmers of it) what Rayna may have seen in these guys all these years ago. Idek.

Yeah, as I said, I mean I get Luke, the whole thing had run its course when Rayna broke it off and it's not like they really gave him much to do after that even when they were stiil on ABC – yes, there was this family stuff and him dealing with his old friend who couldn't handle being on the road again but it wasn't terribly interesting in comparison. At least not to me.

It's just that this season is dragging on and on, especially now with Zach threatening to pull out of Highway 65, I feel like we could really do with Teddy's return. He'd know how to handle the business stuff and he'd do it gladly for his daughters. I mean Tandy could do but it seems like she really doesn't want to anymore and I happy to be away from Nashville, so...

As for "Empire", agree – Jamal's (and Tiana's) songs are usually more accessible because probably also going more into an R 'n B / Pop direction. I used to like Lauren and her band in season 2. I suppose that's why I am watching "Star" rather than "Empire" now.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").