View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 03:24 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

It was a nice thing, Tia, but we ended up finding something else to rant about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Over here in Ireland, where we like swearing, there's still a blasphemy law on the books, though nobody uses it.
OMG, I was waiting for you to admit that.

I actually agree with sum1 here, Dave. Some movies have profanity because it fits the context of the story. Logan was based on the Old Man Logan graphic novel, and that wasn't a kids story. I think Logan and Deadpool were both movies where the profanity fit in with the context of the movie. X-Men: Apocalypse didn't necessarily need it, so it was PG-13. But I've liked movies such as Aliens and Die Hard which were R rated films that had profanity but were still huge summer blockbusters. It all depends on the movie and the story being told. And I also agree with sum1 that political correctness has gotten way out of control. I wouldn't go so far as to say that free speech doesn't exist - you can speak freely, but you can also get into trouble for it, which is a problem - but I do think that PC and people being overly sensitive has killed creativity and storytelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Last I heard they brought Heroes back and screwed it up.

My favorite character in Heroes was the guy with the horn rimmed glasses/Noah Bennett. He was sort of Cable.
Yeah, they did, sum1. That was a shame because I had hopes for the show's return. I also liked Noah Bennet. Peter, Claire, Hiro, and Ando were my other favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
A shipper yeah, but not the main ship. Sylar with Peter, Sylar with Claire, Sylar with Elle or Noah or Luke. Basically Sylar with everyone apart from Mohinder

Noah Bennet (they had it with one t for some reason ) was one of my other favourites, sum. He featured in a few of my fics.
Hi, Rita! So by the "main ship" you mean Peter and Claire? Wow, you didn't ship Paire? You're one of the few Heroes fans I've met who didn't ship them. They were pretty much my one and only ship on that show.