View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

I actually liked Layla and Will together – they could have played it out in a more sensitive manner, I always thought. I mean they got along great as friends so... ach. Anyway. Yeah... thankfully they killed off Jeff post haste. He was toxic.

Well, it doesn't matter about Gunnar and Scarlett because they are broken up anyway, which is fine by me. He just wasn't terribly mature.

Quote:
But the writers were hell bent on her being with Gunnar and Avery being with Juliette, and fans went along with it.
Yeah, it's a tragedy really.

As for Empire – I like Jamal well enough until they made him this cray-cray drug addict. And as for Andre – see, I really hate how they portrayed mental illness. It's just totally appalling. I mean I could get behind the idea that they portrayed it as a stigma among African-Americans but then did Andre as well as his grandmother have to turn out to be crazy murderers? I swear that's really not a great percentage among mentally ill people who turn out that way.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").