View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 07:39 AM
DiamondGirl5
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think Mike easily could have found another firm to take this on without exposing himself, the firm, and the people he's trying to help to so much liability because Mike can't keep his word. Think Erin Brockovich. Mike thinks caring makes someone a better lawyer. Sometimes. But this is a case where it has made him dangerously short-sighted. He might think he's seeing the big picture, but I don't think so. And I was pretty disgusted with him when he said he'd handle Harvey. Seriously, Mike?! Good grief. Dangerously arrogant too.
Especially with someone like Robert Zane willing to help PSL, at least to an extent. Robert seems to have let go of his anger toward Mike, happily advising Rachel about wedding plans and marriage, and while that doesn't necessarily mean he'd take on a pro bono case, Mike could/should at least ask his advice. Not only might that help prevent blowback on PSL, but it would strengthen his relationship with his future father-in-law.

I don't think Mike meant "I'll handle Harvey" the way it sounded--frankly, Mike probably doesn't have a clue what, how, when, or if to tell Harvey anything about his decision to continue working on the prison case, and he was just saying that to appease Oliver. Mike knows he's taking a professional and personal risk. But, both Harvey and Mike have taken huge risks before, suffering setbacks but ultimately winning..and Harvey held back from Jessica on several occasions...I half-expect Jessica to tell Harvey that Mike is his punishment for what he, Harvey, did to her.