View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 05:47 AM
Aikaterini
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, maybe I should post my concert report once again, since it got lost with the crash?! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

And if you want to see the photos again, just tell me and I'll post them again. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So, here's the report:

Linkin Park - September 02, 2003 - Berlin, Arena-Berlin

We arrived at the venue at about 3 p.m. and waited at the will call window where they had this sign, that said that we should wait there for the Meet&Greet. Unfortunately, other people were waiting there, too, to get their concert tickets, because they only had these "ticket coupons", so we were kinda lost on what to do. When this guy came there at about 5 p.m., we asked him where we should go to get the passes for the M&G, but he had no idea what we were talking about, so he just said that we have to go elsewhere, 'cause he don't even know that there would be a M&G, and he just took down the sign, where it said that the LPU people should meet there. We were puzzled by then and just tried to ask someone else - who was a security guy. He told us that we had to look for a woman with short blond hair and that she was in charge, and that we should look for her at the entrance of the venue. Well, yeah, but there were already about 300 people waiting to get into the venue! So, we went there and looked for this woman, but we couldn't find her. One of us tried to call another one of our group, who has stayed at the window, and she told us that we had to come back. So, we ran back to the window - and some people probably thought that we forgot our tickets or something, 'cause they were laughing really hard about us. Hehe, but we got something better than them. *g*
Anyways, we came back to the second window, where they started to give out the passes, but then they came out of this little box and decided to do it outside, because that would go faster. We got our sticky passes with LPU written on it and waited. By then it was already 5:30 and we were told that LP's security would come and get us at about 6:15, so we waited at the gate where LP drove in with their bus about an hour earlier.
At exactly 6:15, three security guys of LP came to us and told us to get through the gate, but in one row. No one was allowed to step to the side! To be honest, I had this feeling that we were led into a prison or something like this! *lol* Then, when all 100 people were there, we went to the buidling beside the venue and went in. We were standing together in a row close to the wall, and I was the fifth one in there, so I was really nervous! Then we waited for about five minutes for the guys, and one of the security men gave us some last instructions on what we had to do, and what we weren't allowed to do. When we asked about taking pics with one of the guys, he told us that we had to ask the guys for it, 'cause they were the ones in charge, but we noticed very soon, that LP themselves weren't really allowed to do or say a lot! They just sat there and the security practically chased us through the line!
Anyways, back to the topic! When LP came into the building and took their places, Brad was the last one to come in there and suddenly shouted really loud: "I don't need a *****ing bathroom!" It was hilarious! Even LP laughed about that!
Then it was time to start the M&G. We walked to the table and Mike was the first there. We had to give our items, which we wanted to have signed to the security guard, who was standing beside Mike, and he gave it to Mike then. So, Mike signed my item and gave it to Brad, who was sitting beside him. I was kinda puzzled, 'cause Mike just looked down, while he signed something, but I didn't think bad of it, 'cause he did it with the first four people, too, so I assumed, that it was his way of dealing with the people at the M&G, but when I took a step over to Brad, who was still signing the item of my friend in front of me, I just looked back at Mike out of reflex, and he just wanted to sign the next item of the girl behind me, but he suddenly looked up at me, smiled, extended his hand and said "Hi!". I was really shocked at that moment, 'cause it came so all of a sudden, and I was the first one he did it too! I just took his hand, smiled and answered with an equal "Hi!", before I went over to Brad.
Brad was also really nice and signed the booklet for me, then he gave it to Rob, who took it and looked up before he signed it. He smiled at me, said "Hi!", and when I answered, he looked expectingly at me, as if he was waiting for me to say anything, but I just couldn't say anything, because I was way to nervous. I guess he noticed that, because he was smiling even more. The next one was Phoenix. That was really funny, 'cause he looked at me before signing the item and said something, but he was talking so low that I didn't understand it, but I was way too nervous to ask what he was saying. Then he said something else and smiled at me, and I was just smiling back, because I really didn't know what to say. The next one was Joe, and it was no fun! Believe me! *sigh* He has this kinda rude behavior. I have heard a lot about it, before, but I didn't want to believe it. Well, now I believe it! When I was standing there, he was discussing with this security guy about the lights being too bright and shining into his eyes, so the security guy asked if he should try to change it, but Joe said that he will manage, but in a not so nice tone... He then signed my booklet and just shoved it over to Chester! I thought about saying something to him, but I decided against it, 'cause I was still too happy about Mike's behavior. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Chester was the last one there, and my friend in front of me said to him "It's really bad what happened with your hand." and he just answered with a "Well, yes...". I'm pretty sure that he didn't know what to say, but it was really cute. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Then he signed my item with his right hand (remember: he is left handed and broke his left hand!) and gave it back to me, smiling. I smiled back and thanked him nicely. His reply "You're welcome!" was so honest, that it made me really happy!
Then we went outside. The security guys outside told us that we had to go back to the main entrance and come on from there, but we pleaded to go in from somewhere else, which they allowed us then.
One very thing during the M&G was when my friend in front of me let Mike sign her bag. She had this bet with her friend that Mike would sign under the sentence "Mike Shinoda is my lover!", which she had written on there, because her friend thought that Mike wouldn't do that. Well, but Mike draw something under it and wrote right under the sentence "Me?" When I saw that, I had to try not to laugh, because it was really hilarious and so cute!
I've heard later that Chaz didn't sign for everyone, because of his hand, so I should be really happy, that I have his autograph, even though he wasn't in a good shape! But I've also heard something really funny, that Chaz did! He asked someone in the middle of the signing, if he should scare someone, and that person, just said 'yes', because she didn't know what he meant. Then, when the next person came, Chaz jumped up and growled at the person! *lol*

Then the M&G was already over. I didn't even had a chance to give them something or to talk really to them, but it was great nevertheless!

About five minutes later, we were inside the venue, and Adema's performance was already over, which made me a little sad, 'cause I was hoping to just miss the performance of Alien Ant Farm, and not Adema! We tried to get close to the front, which wasn't that easy, because we were seven people and had to hold hands, so that we wouldn't lose each other! We managed to get to the gater for the front part, but they only let a few people inside, so we had to wait for about 1 1/2 hours. Shortly before Staind's performance was over, we got into the front part and were really close to the stage! Then we had to wait for about half an hour until LP came on stage! It was a long wait, but it was worth it!

They started with "Session" for a few seconds, while they were coming on stage one by one. Then it was "Foreword" with "Don't stay", and Chaz was so energetic, that it was awesome! I mean, he really looked very sick during the M&G, but he was jumping around like always, and it was like he was in a batter shape then before, which Mike and Phoenix mentioned during the interview on MTV Germany the same afternoon.
At first, Chaz had a base cap, which wasn't something I've seen him very often with, but he took it off after a while. Mike was always talking to the fans and asked a few things, e.g. if we knew the album "Reanimation". I was like "Of course we know it!" He was just asking it, because they were playing three songs of that album. Then Mike suddenly started to lift his shirt! I was wondering what he was doing there, 'cause he held his shirt up and everyone could see his stomach (very nice!). He told us that we should take our shirts off, and kinda whirl it around. He showed us how to do it with a towel, which he later threw into the crowd. Then he took another towel and did the same with it. Oh, and btw, he also threw some plectrums into the corwd every once in a while, too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

During "By Myself", Mike and Chaz were having a little contest on which side of the audience was louder... It was pretty funny to see the two of them acting like this - and Mike and Chaz smiling the whole time!

During the concert, there was someone close to the front with a sign which had the official LP sign on it. Mike saw that and asked her to give it to him, which she did. He took the sign and put it in front of one of the higher stages on the main stage. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] After the show, he gave the sign back to the girl.

There was also something which was really funny. When Chester was done with one song, he stood there and talked to the crowd, and then he suddenly said that there was a girl in the crowd with a shirt, which said "Chester the Molester", which he thought was pretty funny.

During a few songs, Mike took his mic rack and held it to the crowd, so that we would sing with every song, which we already did the whole time! *g* Close to the end of the show, Mike tried to crowd surf, but he had a hard time doing it, 'cause some people were kinda pulling at him! So, he just sat there - yes, he practically sat on the crowd - and sang from there.

Something I thought was really great was, that Brad, Mike and Chester tried to have some eye contact with the people in the crowd. And somewhere in the middle of the show, Mike told the security in the back of the front part, that they should give the people in the back some water, too! He and Chaz drank some water during the whole show and were spilling the water big time, before throwing the bottles into the crowd. Somehow, the water spilling of Mike reminded me of the scene from the Frat Party DVD, where Mike was on stage with the Deftones and the vodka. *lol* It looked nearly the same! The security guys at the front spilled some water onto the crowd during the whole concert, 'cause it was really hot in there, and sometime during the show, even Brad spilled a lot of water onto the crowd.

I was thinking the whole time, that they would probably perform "KRWLNG", because Aaron Lewis was also backstage, so it would have been really good to do that, but they didn't do it, instead, they were performing the "Reanimation" version of "Pushing Me Away" together with Aaron Lewis, which was awesome! When he came on stage, he hugged Chaz and Mike and it was nearly overwhelming! It might be just me, but I had the feeling that Chaz was close to tears.

At the end of the show - after two encores - Mike and Joe threw the remaining water and juice bottles into the crowd. Rob threw his drum sticks, and some plectrums were also thrown again.

I was under the impression, that Chaz was really overwhelmed with the crowd, because he did an awesome performance! He was doing everything he did during a concert, when he was still healthy and he hardly paused! He was really energetic! So, some people from the LPU said later, that he must've liked the crowd a lot, 'cause he was always saying it and that it was one of the best shows he did over the last couple of months. So, yes, we should be proud of it! *g*

When we went outside, we were sitting close to the gate where the buses were, because we were waiting for the other people from the LPU, because we wanted to go somewhere else. We just decided to meet there, 'cause that was easy to find. So, we sat on the ground (it was ice cold, and I'm sick now, because of it!) and waited, when the gate suddenly opened and a bus came out. It was standing on the street for about 20 minutes, and we just talked to each other without paying any attention to it. Then, when we went to the bar, where we wanted to go to, the bus suddenly drove past us, and that was when I noticed the number plate of the bus - and recognized it! It was "GM:LP" and a number after it... It was exactly the same bus as on the DVD! I was kinda shocked, because we were sitting on the ground outside the venue, with the bus standing right beside us and with LP sitting inside of it! It was quite a shock!

That's all I can think of right now, but when I remember more things, I will post it! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]