View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Erin9
New Fan

Interesting episode.

I was thinking the whole episode how perfect it was that the firm had an outside threat that needed them to work as a team. They needed it. So, I should have seen it coming much sooner that Jessica pulled those strings. I hope Harvey's going to have more faith in himself soon though.

It was predictable last week when Harvey had Mike sign that sheet of paper that Mike was going to go back on his word. And he's doing it behind Harvey's back. I won't sympathize with Mike when this blows up in his face. Not at all. And it will. Harvey even went so far as to give Mike a third pro bono case- because he didn't get to finish his second case in a row.

I really don't like all of his pro bono work. I was excited when he came back to PSL because then he'd interact with the main cast more, be a part of things. Suits, at heart, is about a crazy, dysfunctional family imo. But, really, he's not back. His attention is 90% pro bono, maybe 10% the firm. And I think I'm being generous. The firm was in a major fight and Mike gave it about 30 seconds of his time. And now he's breaking his word to his friend and boss.

Oliver's morals sure are convenient. I guess as long as he gets what he wants, the ends justify the means after all.

I did love Louis and Harvey working together to confront Bratton and Harvey noting that Louis' name is on the wall too. Nice moment between them. I think because Louis and Harvey fight so much, I really appreciate their good moments.

Alex and Louis bonding over their desire for recognition- also nice.

I can't decide if I like or really buy Donna as COO or not. But I do like that she's showing more vulnerability and lacks some confidence. Lovely scene between her and Harvey where she apologizes for letting him down and he says she hadn't yet.

Rachel's scenes with her dad were so touching. What I liked best was not what he said at the end, but that when she called, he closed his laptop and gave her his full, undivided attention. That said more than any words. I wonder if Rachel will stay at the firm.

I wonder what Alex and Bratton's secret is. Must be huge if he doesn't want Harvey to know. I guess if we can't get much Mike/Harvey banter, Alex/Harvey is a nice substitute.

Next week looks....interesting. lol