View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 06:30 AM
fmaldy24
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I found his reaction strange exactly for reason you mention that he dated 12 years older guy. Although in the beginning his mum was not supportive of Brian because he was so much older (in scene with Justin and his father she mentions he should not be with Brian because he is already grown up man), even more reason he should have showed more understanding for Jennifer because he knew how it felt when his family rejected his love because of age. His reasoning was that his mom is older so different conditions apply to her? Thats ageism . Probably he was shocked, it was all new to him and needed some time to reconcile with it. Maybe even his breakup with Brian played some role. He was not fully happy so he ventured it on his mum? Because then the proposal comes and he has no longer a problem with it.
Yeah I felt he should've been more accepting of it. His mum and dad had been apart for a long time and he didn't like his dad at all. Is this another case of a character acting OOC for season 5? I don't know if it was a true showing of him - he got along well with his mother so i don't know.