Thread: Ouat s&s 463:
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 09:24 AM
Maris
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I know this is all just speculation at this point. I just think if they went this route, they would be disconnecting from s1-s6. A&E were the ones trying to assure fans they weren't doing that. But who knows. I won't completely discount the possibility because they have said one thing and done another in the past.
They have been talking about "disconnecting" from the previous seasons, starting back in January when Channing Dungey announced the season 7 would be a reboot. She was very clear that it would be something new and some characters and their stories would be done at the end of season 6. Since then they all have consistent with their messaging, especially at Comic-Con, that season 7 is not a continuation of the same stories. Adam and Eddy have talked about honoring the existing canon and not erasing it, however, does not preclude doing something new going forward. Now that Adam has released the 7-3 title, it seems pretty clear to me how they will explain the new state of affairs. The cryptic things people said at Comic-Con also make sense now.

I don't think they will actually show Hook, Regine and Rumple on various forked paths in the present, it will just serve as the explanation forhow the characters can be both happy in Storybrook and in Seattle at the same time.