View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 05:54 AM
Erin9
New Fan

I'm really not worried about Louis long-term. I don't think this is that dark of a show- though I know nothing about MASH.

One other thing about Donna and Louis- I think they both need to learn when to express their opinions to him. Pick their battles. They don't need to complain every time they disagree. This wasn't an issue that affected the firm as a whole- it was really between Harvey, Alex and Mike. Louis is afraid of loosing Harvey as a friend- so he snapped. Donna wants to officially get to voice her opinion. But- pick your battles. And Harvey can handle their dissension better. He's not completely comfortable in the role yet, and it would be surprising if he was.

I do think Harvey's desire for a relationship is partially due to him making managing partner. He said as much to her in the premiere. I'm not sure trophy is the word I'd use though. He hadn't run around announcing he's seeing anyone- which would be OOC for him anyway. I think he's at a point where he wants some stability, a real relationship. And he's ready and willing to put forth real effort without being prodded to do so. He's handled a number of personal issues lately, hit the top of his profession. This seems next. And Paula was good for him.

It's nice seeing Harvey him some success in managing his personal life without Donna telling him what to do. He needs it as a person. And if Darvey are to ever have a shot at a relationship, he'll have to be able to. Being honest, vulnerable and really trying to make it work are good starts.

I could see Alex and Mike disagreeing again. Or Alex causing issues in Harvey's friendship with Mike.