View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 10:14 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

When I first read the Tweet, I thought of Josh as Pacey, so had to check out the article. And what do you know, he is mentioned, maybe not in the way I expected, but I will take it.

TV Guideā€
Verified account
*@TVGuide 22h
10 shows where the lead was eclipsed by someone better 10 Shows Where the Lead Was Eclipsed by Someone Better - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
Every once in a while a show comes along with a TV character who refuses to play by the rules or be held back by the fact they're technically a member of the supporting cast. In rare cases they shine because the actual lead is kind of insufferable, but it's far more often that a charismatic actor has just been given the right lines at the right time. When this situation happens, it can often lead to the supporting character being given more screentime -- or actually becoming the true star of the series.

When it comes to Dawson's Creek, everyone knows that Pacey Witter (Josh Jackson) easily eclipsed Dawson Leery (James Van Der Beek) in the romantic leading man department. But we're not here to talk about the many accomplishments of Pacey, for the true star of Dawson's Creek is Joey Potter (Katie Holmes). The girl who rowed her way down a creek for fun stole the teen drama from its namesake early on. If you need more proof, not only did the show completely revolve around Joey once the gang went off to college, Holmes is the only actor to appear in every episode of the series.

icon credit: crash landing