View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 04:26 AM
dancing in the rain
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Erica|Co-Stars Thread #7: B/c her co-star pool just expanded to include the stars of Supergirl!

Welcome to the 7th Erica Durance/Co-stars Appreciation Thread

Supporters
1. now.it.all.begins
2. dancing in the rain
3. manu_r/hr
4. wbjunkie
5. loveslullaby
6. Nymph Marty
7. Chase.This.Light
8. Kp1227

Erica & the Main Cast of SV

Erica & Tom

~"I find the Lois Lane we have on Smallville to be very entertaining. She’s terribly self-reliant and self-confident (laughs)…at least she certainly thinks of herself that way” What I particularly enjoy about her character is the side of Clark that she brings out. I love the sarcastic, tongue in cheek humour that we’re able to portray in that relationship, and haven’t been able to in the past because of the heavy dramatic situations that Clark often found himself in with the other characters. In the past it was really only Pete (Sam Jones III) that he was able to let go with and have fun with. But with Pete leaving to go to another school- and Lois coming in- it’s a whole other dynamic. With Lois there’s that sense of ‘back and forth’. Is the relationship there, is it not there? Certainly, we all know where they’re going to end up later on. I think it’s a great addition to the show and enables us to explore character facets we couldn’t before." - Tom Welling (Clark Kent), Dreamwatch Magazine - April 2005

~"Erica and I get along great. We did from day one. With respect to Clark and Lois, I think Erica and I get along so well that we have to remind ourselves that Clark and Lois aren’t necessarily supposed to get along so well. I’d sum up Clark and Lois’s relationship as playful- they love and hate each other at the same time." - Tom Welling (Clark Kent), Dreamwatch Magazine - April 2005

Erica & Justin

~"So Erica [Durance] did an amazing job, I thought, of making sure that she represented her character in a way that didn’t make her look foolish or with egg on her face. That’s really hard to do. Think about her story. She’s dating this guy who’s the Green Arrow, but she doesn’t know. She did a really amazing job of not making it look foolish. And in turn, that helped me because that would just make me look foolish and the show look foolish. I owe her a lot for that." - Justin Hartley (Oliver Queen/Green Arrow), Wizard Universe Interview - 1/18/07

~"We’re friends. We’re both married….to different people. Yeah, she’s lovely. She’s great. My wife is actually here." - Justin Hartley (Oliver Queen), Superman Celebration 2009, 13-06-2009

~"Yeah. I love working with Erica (Durance). She's great. I enjoy the scenes that we do and I like her dedication to the scenes. It's also fun to work with someone who's a nice person and you get along with really well. We have at least a couple of really good scenes in there and she talks about what me leaving did to her and Oliver tries to explain to her why he left, because he obviously he can't tell her the truth. It's not really sappy, which is neat. I like that about that relationship. You can have those really intimate, private moments without it being dopey and sappy." - Justin Hartley (Oliver Queen/Green Arrow), IGN TV Interview - 2/6/08

~"We had a wonderful time shooting it," Glover recalls. "You should have seen Justin messing with Erica. He was being so ornery with her. Just keeping her off guard, and pulling the rug out from under her all the time." - John Glover (Lionel Luthor), Smallville Official Season 6 Companion Book

Erica & Allison

~"I love working with Erica [Durance]. She's so much fun. And I love how flippant, comfortable, and casual the relationship is. There is so much humor there, and they make each other laugh. It is obvious how much they adore each other. I really like that." - Allison Mack (Chloe Sullivan), Smallville Magazine #15 [pp. 43]

Q: They're promoting this season as Clark's "darkest hour." Will there be any light in this season?

A: Absolutely. You can't have Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, and Tom Welling in a show together without it being funny. It's definitely darker, but with darker storylines, comes darker humor, so it's good. - Allison Mack, Kryptonsite Interview, July 27, 2009

We have an amazing Lois Lane. We don't need me to become Lois Lane. I could never replace Erica Durance. She's too good. She's too good. -Allison Mack, Comic Con Interview 2009

Erica & Laura

~"I was nervous going in but they are all great, especially Erica (Durance) who plays Lois Lane. She took me under her wing because she was the new girl once. I'm happy that everyone is so down to earth. I was nervous just to meet the cast ... and a little star struck as well." - Laura Vandervoort (Kara Zor-El Kent), AOL TV Interview - 11/2/07

"With Erica (Durance, who plays Lois), we're very similar. She took me under her wing and made sure that I was OK because I'm the new girl and she's been through that." - Laura Vandervoort (Kara Zor-El Kent), Comics Continuum Interview - 12/10/07

~"I'd been working on other things, so I had to put Kara to the side for a bit, but going back to it was like riding a bike. I had to get back into it, but it was amazing working with Erica [Durance] and Tom." -Laura Vandervoort (Kara Zor-El Kent), SV Mag 02/09

Erica & Annette

~"Yesterday, I did a scene with Allison [Mack as Chloe] and Erica [Durance as Lois]. I don't think I've ever done a scene just with the three of us. And we had such a wonderful time. ... They're so mature in their work; they're not like young, starting-out actors." - Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent), Smallville Magazine #14 [pp. 26]

~"For me personally, I feel like Martha has become a new character. I get to wear Dolce & Gabbana suits, and I was saying to Erica [Durance] just now, it is so much fun to have scenes with other characters in the show. ... And working with Erica... I just love her." - Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent), Smallville Magazine #15 [pp. 45]

"The people who are there on set are just lovely. I just really wanted to see them again; my old buddies, and Tom, and Erica, and the people in the crew who I love so much. Everything just all came together." - Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent), KryptonSite Interview: Annette O'Toole and Michael McKean Talk "Hostage" (Part 1 of 3)

Erica & Aaron

~'Hydro' was also the first time in Smallville that Lois and Jimmy got to share scenes, and Aaron Ashmore enjoyed their interactions. "That was actually a lot of fun because Jimmy was trying to impress Lois and be smoother than he is and help her out, and she just totally shoots him down. When I look back on those scenes I think Jimmy and Lois are very much like a big sister and little brother together. She's just, 'You're an idiot,' while he's still trying to follow her and say, 'I've got this!' It was a lot of fun to work with Erica: she's a sweetheart," he adds with a smile. - Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen), Smallville Official Season 6 Companion Book

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray