View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 11:24 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting that news. Yes, the BBC is aware of the backlash as I'm sure they are aware that this announcement will indeed create the 'stir'.

I think the problem is that some people have this boxed up hope for their version of the Doctor. Yes he has been male since the beginning but it's possible that the Doctor can be a woman. This is Doctor Who, not Mr. Who.

Amy, this board has been a positive place for Jodie and the 13th Doctor. I have stopped reading anything about the 13th Doctor elsewhere since the announcement. I think it's best to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
I agree that the complainers and moaners on the internet aren't the majority and there were quite a few people who kept saying Peter was going to be fired because he was really unpopular. Of course, they shut up once he said they'd asked him to stay for one more series.

I know Peter is a very popular Doctor and the people saying the opposite were in the minority and it always made me
I remember those backlash with Peter too. Since when was age a factor with the Doctor? He's a thousand year old alien time lord. Is that supposed to be a younger male version? I can't believe how some people can be so shallow. I wasn't watching DW yet when Peter got cast but I remember getting very excited for the fandom because I know him and have seen him on The Hour back then and thought he was a really good actor.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.