View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 11:16 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Jessica S or Jessica H?

Quote:
Colleen Wing has undoubtedly become a fan-favorite in the Marvel world. What drew you to the role in the first place?

I had been in talks with Marvel prior to Iron Fist and I had researched all the prominent female roles that I was interested in. Colleen Wing came up really early in the process, and I had a strange feeling. Iron Fist had already been announced, but no other news about it had been released. And so I wrote to my agent and I said, “If that ever goes into production, and you ever hear about a character that has these characteristics, let me know.” And lo and behold, a year ago, she messages me and she says, “Okay, so there’s this project, and it’s got a codename—and the character is called ‘Christine,’ but she matches all the characteristics you had mentioned. I think it’s the one you were talking about.” So I read the sides, and it was immediately clear to me that was it.

There were so many things that I liked about her. She’s strong but she’s vulnerable. She’s got this hard, New York exterior to her, but the Japanese culture [from which she hails] is so counter to that. So she’s kind of this walking contradiction, and I just thought there were a lot of places I could go with her.

So I made a self-tape, flew to LA, auditioned with [Finn Jones], got on a plane, and when I landed, I had a phone call from [Iron Fist producer] Jeph Loeb, saying, “I have three words that are gonna change your life forever: Welcome to Marvel.’”

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.