View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:42 AM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

They sent Dad home from the hospital the next day! He is all settled back in and they are sending him weekly meals for a month, too, which is very nice, although kid comes and shoves a bunch of mystery packages in the fridge and freezer, and they have directions of what meals to eat in what order, and which things go together - but none of the packages were labeled! Oh well, my Dad likes a good mystery to solve!

Wonderful weekend, as Saturday was ArtBeat and Mlette brought John and we could show him our Arts festival. We bought lunch (and dessert - baklava from the Greek ladies) and took it home and ate it. I bought a lovely pottery bowl, light green (like FB JB board background color). Just a plain utilitarian bowl, but nice. They had to leave early because John's family was having a big family party the same day, but I wasn't too sad, because we were seeing them the next day and meeting his parents!

We went up to their house and carpooled to miniature golf with his Mom. The Dad was up in NH fixing the daughter's house. We had great fun golfing, eating ice cream, admiring the cows (ice cream/golf place is working dairy farm). We went back to the house and were taking our leave when the Dad showed up, so we ended up sitting by the pool, eating cheese and crackers and sipping iced tea and having a nice (longer) visit.

John's family house is REALLY nice, a Victorian mansion (similar age to our old house, but a nicer house). Beautiful woodwork and paneling and built ins and such and big yard. And spotless! (We can NEVER have them over to our messy old place! ) Mom was very nice and a talker, so there was no lack of conversation. I think they will make excellent inlaws, should that come about.

My friend was so funny, she called his mother the 'EMIL' = 'Eventual Mother-in-Law" I liked that one! They love our daughter, we love their son - match made in Heaven.

Oh and the kids put in an application for that really nice apartment, sort of halfway between where they're both living now - I hope they get it, as Mlette has to be out of her place by August 1. I hope it works out!

PodMom very exciting the plans are coming together for the OC redo - and storage plans to move everything while the house is knocked down and put back up again. They should film it for HGTV
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan