View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Erin9
New Fan

Over-all, great start to the season, even the stuff I find difficult to swallow. The episode was entertaining from beginning to end. And full of surprises.

Harvey/Mike banter- awesome. Loved it all. Glad Mike got Harvey to step up. I'm sure there will be more bumps in the road as he navigates the new role.

I have a feeling I'm going to be annoyed by Mike and his pro bono cases though. Oliver drove me nuts with his self righteousness and Mike has a similar streak. Just as long as he doesn't quit again. There's been enough of that from him.

I want Darvey to get together, but I don't mind Harvey and Paula for now. IF they allow Harvey to show he's grown some. I don't want to see another train wreck a la Scottie. It's been 3 seasons since he has so much as attempted a relationship- and GM plays charming romantic lead so well- I'd like to see all that time he spent in therapy and working things out with his family pay off in this area of his life too. IRL, this would be weird, but this is Suits. Plenty of crazy plots. I always liked the Paula/Harvey scenes in S5 and thought they sold their scenes the other night. Yeah, it was a surprise. But, I can buy the attraction anyway. But I do hope for Darvey soon. Donna always knew the Scottie relationship was doomed. It'll be interesting to see how she views this one. She wants more- maybe this will push her to tell Harvey she wants more from him personally.

So Donna is a partner. I'll go with it. Integral as she is to the firm, it's a bit hard to swallow though. Mostly I hope she struggles with it. A lot. Everyone else has had goals that it took a long time to reach. She decided she wanted more in the finale and got it by the end of episode 1. So, I hope she makes mistakes, that it isn't easy for her. I love Donna, but she hasn't had the long term personal and professional struggles (or goals) that everyone else has had. She's almost always right and perfect and awesome and her problems have tended to be resolved in 1-2 episodes max. I love her character, but if she gets to be partner, it should be a real learning curve for her, just like managing partner will be for Harvey. Or Rachel managing the associates.

Louis was a mess. I think he'll come out better in the end. He was so nasty though. That was about the worst ever imo from him.

Gretchen was awesome. We need lots of her.