View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 07:46 AM
sherry02
Master Fan

I saw the news. I don't really know what to think. I don't like the idea of new versions of old characters. I don't know why they didn't just chose someone new for Henry's wife. And there is going be another version of the enchanted forest where Henry might possibly meet other versions of characters we've already seen? It feels like they've run out of ideas.

The thing I'm really confused about is whether or not our returning actors are still playing the same characters, just cursed versions, or if they are AU versions from this other Enchanted Forest. So if Lana is still the Evil Queen, is she a version of her that never went to SB and is not even Henry's mom? I think she has to be at least be an AU version of the Evil Queen because we had that promo summary a while back that said the Evil Queen, Hook, and Rumplestiltskin team up with Henry and blah, blah, something about realm traveling. So that to me indicates they are at least still playing the fairytale version of those characters. But whether or not they are the same versions we've been watching for 6 seasons seems like it remains to be seen. But why would they team up with Henry if they are not even his real family? He wouldn't be anyone to them. But Cinderella is being played by a completely different actress so you would think all AU versions would be played by different actors, so....???

Lucy's statement about Henry's family needing him could just be in reference to herself and her mother. Or it could mean the larger family. I've been assuming she meant the entire family, but maybe not.

Henry is not a strong enough character to carry the show on his own. If it were a spin-off and people were looking it as such, that might work, but they are promoting it as a new chapter of the same show so people expect what happened in the last 6 seasons to still be relevant in some way. I think the show will struggle enough even with keeping Regina, Hook, and Rumple, but if they're trying to continue without any returning characters other than Henry, I think people are going to lose interest very quickly.

Hopefully we won't have to wait until the season premiere for some clarification. Maybe we'll get some clarification from SDCC.

Last edited by sherry02; 07-16-2017 at 07:56 AM