View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Aurora Cormier
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
gross.
My thoughts exactly. And SO original, right?

Quote:
But there was growth in the last episode? Cosima has decided on finally giving Delphine the benefit of the doubt and understanding more from Delphine's POV.
Yeah, after acting like a freaking teenager for the rest of the episode. I mean, I get it, I understand why you guys think there was progress, but to me that "I push too hard and you do things without my consent. This is our relationship" line doesn't make up for the rest of her behavior during the episode. For me, I need to SEE a change happen, more than be told it happened by such a lame dialogue. You know when she and Delphine talked on 4x10 and Delphine told her not to tell anyone about the cure, and then on 5x01 when again they talked, and after that she went on to follow the science? THAT to me showed progress, like, even if Delphine went away again, she didn't quit working like she sort of did in season 3, and she wasn't just looking sad all the time like season 4. She carried on. That was progress to me, and I was so happy with it, and I expected that to go on, so having her doubt Delphine for the millionth time, and having Delphine again making promises to her was just ughhhhhhh

Quote:
It was part of Westmoreland's manipulation. His blatant show of power that he can get them to play along in his little pseudo Victorian fantasy which heightened the sense of growing tension between himself and Cosima at the same time. "Frock that" she puts the suit on to rile him up, as much as he walks into the dining room with Delphine on his arm to rile Cosima, leading up to their ultimate confrontation over Yanis. The clothing had a purpose. It was ridiculous but that was the point. Cosima realised dressing up in this attire, the formal dinner party, the decor of the house, the very image PT tries to sell his age with is "all smoke". I liked it. It also further emphasised the opposite positions cophine were playing. Delphine put on the dress, and played along, for the sake of the endgame, for the sake of protecting the clones whilst Cosima was continuing to push too hard and do as she promised to defy them, in however big or small an act she can. That's what I took from it.
You make a great analysis as usual, Lauren, I love your posts Honestly, though, I always doubt they think of all this, specially after reading that piece I posted here, which made me even more disappointed

Quote:
well, see, that was your mistake. this is ob, we will never get that.
Well, we could have had that, if they weren't lazy enough to make Delphine say the same freaking thing in TWO different scenes That whole re-promise + worst line ever about consent could've been replaced with something much better, and it didn't even have to be a long scene or anything. Like I said, 4x10 and 5x01 were awesome, I had no reason to believe it wouldn't continue to be that way