View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

I am revisiting it now. On Season 7. While it did annoy me. I can sorta see it. Donna was able to find herself. And after Gaza, things had to change. Her nearly dying opened a pandora box of feelings for Josh and the bandaid was ripped off. He was seeing he could no long ignore it. He went crazy when he heard of the accident, and she was all he could think of her. So he ran to Germany. And seeing Colin, allowed the jealousy to fly.

So once back at the White House, they both found it hard to get back to normal. Josh wanted to believe they could get back, and not have to deal with what it all meant given that he was sill her boss. Nearly dying opened Donna's eyes. She needed to find herself. Away from Josh. But it was painful.

And because of the way the show was structure. They needed a main character to team with Will on Russell's campaign to show that there was at least a hope and it wasn't all one sided on Josh's side for Santos. They also had to keep CJ and Toby at the White House with the President.

I like to think Josh made some of the decisions he made because he was a mess without Donna, and it got worse and worse until things came to a head with them, and they were able to find each other.

CJ as Chief of Staff was a abrupt change. I can see from the show standpoint. Josh and Will had to go off in their own directions. Toby would never have been able to have that job. She's very talented. But I have issues that she would be the only name Leo had. Given how close he was to Josh, and this was before Josh was itching to leave...

And her promotion also gave a incentive for Josh to leave. It was a interesting time.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote