View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 08:35 AM
BrooklynFan
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
Yeah so totally within character for Cos to rush in without thought for what may happen. Is it part of what makes her so compelling?
On the one hand it is totally in character--both her compassion in going to Yanis and her recklessness--and that's part of why I love her (usually). But on the other hand I do think she can/should have learned some caution by now! From the beginning Cosima has treated DYAD/Neolution like a joke, not a threat to be taken seriously--from her "cheekiness" with Leekie to her casualness about bringing Shay to the lab to her behavior now with Westmorland. It's part of who she is, part of why Dephine and all of us love her. But, we're also all capable of moderating our impulses when we have to. I would have thought that all that has happened, especially episode 4x06, when Kendall Malone was killed in front of her and she was told Delphine was dead, would have convinced her that the stakes are real and these people aren't to be toyed with. Not saying she shouldn't continue to be passionate or that she shouldn't defy Neolution--she's promised to defy them and she should. But sometimes it helps to have a plan!

I don't mind that she went into the cage to help Yanis--confronted with his suffering, rushing in to help him was the right thing for Cosima. But I do mind that she rushed off to "stop" Westmorland without any sort of plan for how to do so. Especially given that she knew Delphine was already working on a plan that would be endangered by Cosima's rash action.

Cosima has a great big heart and that is wonderful. But she has a big brain as well, and sometimes I'd like to see her make more use of it!