View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 08:24 AM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Oh dear keepsmiling, your poor daughter in law! So sad when diabetes takes such a toll on people. Awful disease. People think it's no big deal now that there's insulin to treat it, but it affects so many parts of the body. The husband of one of Tom's cousin's, Al (who lives upstairs from Aunt Millie); his mother had the same thing, the bad diabetes, the amputations etc. It's an awful way to go, bit by bit, like that. I'm glad you had a good time with your youngest son!

Dad sounds good - they are getting him back to solid food now (way too much food, according to him! pot pie, spaghetti etc) and once they are sure things are going in and coming out as they are supposed to (ahem) I guess he can go home. The GI doctors were very disappointed they couldn't poke around, but his heart doctor, etc were relieved at his decision! Still, every time the phone rings at home, I get worried it's going to be bad news about Dad.. But it's usually just an annoying salesman!

LOL, Poddy yes the party was mostly fun. The guys played horseshoes and frisbee (those metal horseshoes flying around always scares me! ) They have a beautiful grey cat with green eyes too, who was an indoor cat until they moved to the country and now she's outdoors hunting and stalking and slinking around as cats love to do. Enjoy the beach! Gosh, I haven't been to a beach in years and years. My family aren't 'beach people.' I've been watching so many episodes of 'Beach Front Bargain Hunt' on HGTV, makes me want to go to the shore!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan