View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Aurora Cormier
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ju, oh man I'm sorry you were disappointed by it. I didn't really go in with any expectations and I loved the 1x10 scene.
Yeah, it sucks, I thought I'd be breaking the board with my fangirling, but I just kinda hated everything

Quote:
I'm rewatching episode 5 and I think my favorite thing is Delphine's look of wonder and joy when Cosima's shirt comes off in the otherwise super-serious S1 flashback.
That was the weirdest thing to me, along with another shot where she was kissing Cosima's neck and it actually looked like Cosima was in pain or something. I wish we could've seen the whole thing at once, but they always need to cut everything in a way that makes no sense

Quote:
I was actually really touched by that. She was hearing what Delphine loves about her. What make her unique and herself, what she has that Dyad cannot own. I loved her saying it back and believing it.
Did she even believe any of Delphine's promises, though, ever? I mean, she made that beautiful promise, then on season 2 she made an even bigger promise, then on season 3 she had to reaffirm the season 2 promise, and now on season 5 she again made the same promise she did on that flashback. That's so much promising, and yeah it's beautiful and obviously she has kept all her promises and been nothing but 100% devoted to Cosima, but what bothers me is how much Cosima STILL doubted her even in this very episode. It made me sad, really. And her season 3 behavior is even worse to me now after all this, makes even less sense. I just hate how this was written. It wasn't necessary at all, we already knew where Delphine's loyalties lied, we already knew they had sex that night. If they wanted to give us a flashback, why not in a different setting, like lying in bed together, having dinner at home or something, and talking about those things? It would have a been a new moment, something we hadn't seen of them. Their 1x10 scenes were already perfect, there was no need to add anything there.

Quote:
there's still time.
Is there, though? Wasn't this the episode EBro was gushing about in all her interviews? I doubt there'll be much more from now on

Quote:
It's just really the use of the word consent that's troublesome because it sound so terribly icky on the face of things. I don't think how the moment was written was done particularity well.
That whole dialogue was so poorly written, imo "He divides women", it's like I could see whoever wrote this patting themselves on the back for all the feminism