View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Sandy K
Extreme Fan

PLAY!

The main thing Stockbridge and some neighboring towns lack is cell phone coverage. Barely a bar and sometimes nothing at all. So I ducked into a coffee shop that had free wifi! (the miracle offering in town) and found myself listening to three performers in another show here at the festival. One of them mentioned emailing "Josh" to invite him to a party and to bring "his cast" so presumably they meant Josh? It was kinda exciting and no one else I know will care except y'all here.

The weather has been sunny and then rainy and then overcast and then raining and then bright sun and by the time the play was over, it was pouring rain. So I did not wait by the stage door or anything, I hustled my butt out to walk home in my not weather appropriate sandals. So no pictures, no behind the scenes, sorry.

My seats for the play were on the right side (THIRD ROW!) which is a great place to sit, much of the action in the first act takes place on the right front of the stage. About half the action in the second act takes places on the left front and then back to the right side. Presumably if it goes to Broadway, and it should!!!, that's my seating advice. Right side of the theater.

There is no bare butt. There is a brief moment when Josh lowers his pants, like mooning someone, but not very low and he was wearing underwear for my performance.

Oh, also, he's amazingly fantastic so GOOD. He really is on stage 97% of the play and speaking at least 80%, either his own lines or interpreting for Lauren Ridloff's character. She is also super amazing. If the play goes to Broadway, I would expect her to be nominated for a Tony, she is so so good. There are parts where she is signing and no one interprets, but her meaning and anger is so clear.

But also Josh!! He's in tears in parts of the play, and definitely at the end, and it's so moving. I was not along in being so caught up what was happening, what he was doing and the relationship with Lauren Ridloff's character.

He does indeed look tall. His hair looks wild ish, which sort of suits. HE IS SO PRETTY CLOSE UP. And thud worthy. His voice is really that wonderful. And I always thinks he looks a little pudgy in pictures when he's wearing a tucked in button down, it is not so in real life.

Everyone loved the show, standing ovation at the end. Packed. I heard more than a few people mention the New York Time review.

I would lay odds there were other people there who came to see Josh specifically, I hope this find this board and offer more reviews. I have some pictures of outside the stage and my tickets and the stage before the show began, but none of the performance.

I spent a lot for this weekend, worth every penny!!!!