View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 11:19 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Day 5: Grounders or Skaikru?

Skaikru

X | X

Most of my favourite characters are Skaikru (particularly the delinquents) and ultimately, my decision hinged on
which group I was most invested in terms of their journey ... and the answer is Skaikru. Watching their journey on
the Ground has been utterly amazing, heartbreaking, frustrating all at the same time. They've endured a lot, messed up
countless number of times and yet, I still root for them to come through the hardships and find their semblance of a happy
ending when all is said and done. And I agree with the sentiment that we've seen these people thrive, falter, grow apart and
grow back together and that's a large aspect of why I love the show so much. Having said that, I recognise that Skaikru has some
less than admirable traits compared to Grounders who - though I don't agree with their way of thinking or certain practices they
adopt - have an established set of rules/principles which they abide by. Skaikru is certainly more frustrating to me in that respect,
as they have shown themselves to be selfish and sometimes make decisions which are not in line with the moral code which they
claim to adhere to. I also love the potential when it comes to exploring the various clans and their culture ... there's a rich history and
backstory there which is something that is not so present when it comes to Skaikru.

Day 6: Best Leader

Marcus Kane

X | X

I couldn't put Clarke or Bellamy on the list because even though I think that they both have certain traits that make them
both good leaders in their own right, they've also made huge mistakes in that journey and are certainly flawed in their
own respect. Kane is not perfect either (not by far) but if we're talking someone who has the most relevant attributes to become a
great leader, that is Kane to me. He started off as someone who was completely by the book and in some respects, the change from that
rigid non-rule breaker to the man that we know Kane to be now was jarring in the beginning. However, taking that aside, Kane is someone
who is intuitive, smart, caring, understands the intricacies of both Skaikru and Grounders the best, and has shown one of the biggest
character growths out of the 100 characters. We may not have seen him inspiring or convincing crowds of his arguments or way of thinking
but he still has a way to get through to them when it matters (see: him persuading Octavia not to kill Illian right after the Ark was burned
down) and always steps in to help his surrogate children when the situation calls for it.

Day 7: Favourite Quote/Reference

Source: Unknown

Probably not at all surprising but in all seriousness, it's the one line uttered right at the beginning of the show but which remains
relevant up to season 4. So for me, that is the definition of a brillant quote, when four seasons down the line, it's a quote which still
resonates very much within the context of the show and defines a lot of the characters and the journey which they take, when it's not
so cut and dried and when you do things that you never thought that you'd ever do ... all in the name of survival. The question remains
as to whether the ends justify the means of doing something to achieve that outcome and where do you draw the line when it comes to
ensuring that your people survives ... and balancing that with your own moral codes and beliefs.

001 | 002 | 003 | 004 | 005 | 006 | 007

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 12-01-2017 at 08:07 AM