View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 07:48 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
She definitely deserves one When do they get announced?
Next week, Thursday. Good luck to her!

Snippet:

Quote:
When Jackie Hoffman got the part of Mamacita, Joan Crawford's (Jessica Lange) maid on Feud: Bette and Joan, she had a few concerns.
"Of course I'm an actress and I think about petty things like screen time and a limited role and how many episodes will I be in and how long will I be in L.A. Do I rent?" Hoffman tells TVGuide.com with a laugh. "I said to my agent early on, 'I'm gonna be sitting on my ass for three months and I'll say, 'Yes, ma'am,' and open a door.' And they said, 'Probably!'"

She did those things -- and more. A living embodiment of the ol' "There are no small parts, only small actors," the longtime character actress made maximum impact with minimal screen time as Joan's tightly wound right-hand woman. Stern, loyal and as quick with a zinger as she is with a curt reply, Mamacita was an indispensable part of Joan's life -- and as it soon became apparent to Ryan Murphy & Co. during production, to the show as well.

Hoffman, who previously appeared in Murphy's The New Normal and is currently starring in Broadway's Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, wasn't originally supposed to be in all eight episodes. But they liked Mamacita and Hoffman's plainspoken, deadpan performance so much that it was expanded. "They were gonna give her an arc," she says. "And I said, 'I don't want an arc if it ends early. I'd rather have a straight line and just do it all!'" She got the best of both worlds, appearing in the whole season and getting a storyline, too -- one involving some far-flung vases.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote