View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 06:42 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

I should have posted that Tweet a couple of days ago when I first saw it. Sorry about that.

Here's another Review https://dailygazette.com/article/201...f-a-lesser-god

Quote:
As to why this play is seldom seen is open to debate, but one of the reasons might be its casting demands. The two leading roles are quite challenging with the role of James being quite a daunting one to perform, Not only must the actor create a sensitive and caring man struggling from his own emotional wounds, he must do that while performing the role, signing the role and translating the responses from his castmate. Happily Jackson offers a winningly solid performance. Stocked with an unimpeachable truthfulness that never cloys or drifts to cliché, Jackson is outstanding.
Quote:
And in the play’s closing moments, Ridloff allows Sarah’s final monologue to land with a beautiful balance of emotion, want and wish. All the scenes between Jackson and Ridloff are electric and crackle with fire. But as good as both of these actors are there is a small, crucial piece missing. The spark of initial contact, that brief moment, that instant of initial infatuation and mutual want between James and Sarah has, rather ironically, been muted. This visceral misstep allows the passion to appear proleptic, faded even as it is performed. The fire between the two is technically there, but it burns inorganic and at times, too controlled.

icon credit: crash landing