View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 06:34 AM
Valeerena
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy
I haven't read any of the books except for the first one, so mostly I'm clueless about everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95
I haven't read any of the books at all.
You'll like the books, they are more detailed, entertaining than the TV series. I've just finished A Feast For Crows and it was absolutely amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y
Right? She should know better. I'll be so disappointed in her if she continues to listen to LF.
We'll see..Aidan Gillen had a say on that.

Quote:
I finished last season on a promising note by laying my cards on the table — at least to Sansa. I was [sowing seeds of doubt about Jon Snow] throughout my appearances in season 6, and, yeah, that will continue. It’s pretty obvious what my game is there. We’re playing out that final exchange in the Great Hall in Winterfell. But the same time my character is becoming quite aware that Sansa is becoming as bright as me and just as wary of my manipulations of her. They’re onto each other. They use each other. They enjoy each other. And they keep a lot from each other. There are all kinds of mixed things going on with Littlefinger and his relationship with Sansa, so watching her grow in stature is quite enjoyable.
Hmmm, sounding interesting. I need to know what Sansa will keep away from LF to use it to play the game.

Also, he tackled seeing Arya in Harrenhall

Quote:
It was unclear if he recognized her or not, but I have my own thoughts on that.Yes, I did recognize her — I just didn’t say anything or do anything about it.

Why might Littlefinger keep this important bit of information to himself? As a guy who’s perpetually finding opportunity in chaos, he may have decided to tuck it away until such time as it could profit him. If Arya returns to Winterfell in season 7, we may find out more.
Quote:
If Bronn does that, then he dies. Tyrion will be devastated too
It's a tough choice, I know. We don't want any of them to die; neither Bronn nor Jaime but recklessly Jaime chose to go alone marching towards Dragon/Unsuilled or Dothraki, one handed with a spear being hold on his left.. Madness. I don't know if Tyrion is in Dragonstone during the battle or not??

Quote:
I'm really okay if we just casually forget them on the show, tbh
Alas, they keep popping in from time to time to remind us how much dreadful they are Cersei, you have one job to do..Kill them.

Quote:
I don't know what we have done here, tbh, and I can't believe I talked GOT throughout this hiatus. It's insane.
Yeah! I don't know how we did it either..Keeping this thread alive during such a long hiatus but it was quite fun, you know. Sharing news, talking possible theories, posting throwbacks.

Quote:
Btw, Valeerena, I'll tag this one just in case:
Spoiler:

Thanks for the link, Lindsay They also talked about S8
Quote:
Lastly, the pair touched on Game of Thrones season 8, which Benioff said they’re “nearly” done with writing. “Well, I shouldn’t say ‘nearly,'” he amended. “I wouldn’t go that far,” Weiss added. So not done, then.

More potentially distressing news: the pair still isn’t sure whether the final season will air in 2018 or 2019. “We honestly don’t know yet,” said Benioff. “There’s been a lot of back and forth about air dates. That’s a long way off from being settled.”
I hope it will be in 2018..I can't wait 2 years

Quote:
It’s a really interesting season in terms of some loose ends that have been tied, some really satisfying plot points, some things where you’re like, ‘Oh, my God. I forgot about that!’ Rumors are going to be confirmed or denied.
Is she speaking about Gendry?

So bizarre

Quote:
In preparation for Season 7, Benioff and Weiss have gotten more possessive. That has further fueled fans’ curiosity even as it has created security challenges. In the run-up to Season 6, paparazzi shots of Harington—and his distinctive in-character hairdo—in Belfast tipped the Internet off that Jon Snow wasn’t, in fact, as dead as he’d seemed the season before. “Look at how difficult it is to protect information in this age,” says Benioff. “The CIA can’t do it. The NSA can’t do it. What chance do we have?”

It’s also changed the on-set dynamic. Coster-Waldau says Benioff and Weiss have “become much more protective over the story and script. I think they feel this is truly theirs now, and it’s not to be tampered with. I’ve just sensed this last season that this is their baby: ‘Just say the words as they’re written, and shut up.’”

Quote:
Benioff and Weiss always knew this would happen. So they met with the novelist in 2013, between Seasons 2 and 3, to sketch out what Martin calls “the ultimate developments” after the books and show diverge. The upshot, they say, is that the two can co*exist. “Certain things that we learned from George way back then are going to happen on the show, but certain things won’t,” says Benioff. “And there’s certain things where George didn’t know what was going to happen, so we’re going to find them out for the first time too.”
"I wish I was the monster you think I am" ~ Tyrion Lannister
"I'm no lady" ~ Brienne of Tarth