View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 05:28 PM
huntzmore
Part-Time Fan

Jess would actually have to be a character to be reformed. Except for the Look he wasn't a character. Right now he's a Guest Star "Mary Sue" that Dean also got in the revival. Jess was used to give Luke a sounding board and to give Rory an idea she should have been allowed to think up herself for her own good. We don't get to see Jess as his own character.

We barely got to see Logan as his own character. He's there to push Rory as well. But we did get glimpses of his life and how he reacts to personal things in all 4 seasons. (Though they were just glimpses). We also got to see Rory emotionally interact with Logan. Nothing with Jess.

No matter what people want to argue, Rory and Logan were officially broken up at Thanksgiving s6, when Honor called Rory and Rory chose not to call Logan. And they were unofficially broken up when neither called each other after a fight that Logan thinks started because of Jess. It started because Logan witnessed Rory being embarrassed about dating him in front of Jess. Or course Rory had been questioning her own decisions for a while. Questioning why she just took on Emily's life and Angry at Logan for not fighting his father if that life was also not for him.

So yeah it was a lack of communication and not cheating. Rory's brain knew that and that's why she took Logan back. It took her a while to accept it in her heart.

And really this discussion would fit a different thread. I want to go and defend Matt in the anti-Logan thread but it is what is. People are allowed to hate Logan (though that Matt dissing is something I call question too. Not the dissing but the allowed to go unchecked by people who disagree. I wish it was in a different thread. ). And people are allowed to hate Jess for whatever reason.

I personally will never like Jess for Rory since he was a horrible boyfriend. He had put on airs that he would be everything she wanted before they dated. Although if she looked closely he was always going to treat her like **** since that was his way of coping when things weren't going the way he wanted them or just because he's inherently a loner. And of course, the Keg Max scene is really personal to me. I don't think he deserves another chance. It's not something you earn back. Mary Sue or not...