View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 10:21 AM
IrishWristWatch
Loyal Fan

Wow you guys, really enjoying all the pics, conversations shared from the convention!! Thank you so much!!!

From Seamstress’ post:
Quote:
The Happy Ending Con 2017 - Robert & Emilie’s Panel
Why did Rumple choose belle as his maid over everyone else? Robert: I’m sure Rumple saw her somewhere and said "I shall have her”
I know the comment was just made in fun (can’t you hear his naughty voice saying this now LOL), but I’ve often wondered if he did see/meet her before the SD epi. Perhaps he was in disguise and she was the only one kind to him. Perhaps he saw her interacting with a poor shepherd much like he used to be and saw something in her that intrigued him. If I were a writer, I’d make a fanfic of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyBelle
Wow, Bobby just left the room in stunned silence ...
He was asked if Rumple would have his happy ending in the end and he said he doesn’t know, that he if he had his choice - perhaps not since Rumple is a loner, except that he loves Belle. He did say that he had something of a happy beginning…

You had to see his face when he said this - his eyebrows raised and he shrugged, as if he was saying “sorry, I can’t be more positive”.

OUCH…..
I know he doesn’t know what’s going on, but it still stung - though of course I know and expect that Adam and Eddy will ruin Rumbelle’s HE.

My impression is that he prefers Rumple not to have a HE
Aww don’t feel bad about that , in earlier interviews he did say that he just didn’t see a HEA for Rumple and I could see that. The S6 finale took me off guard, I totally thought they would let Rumple reconcile with his family but I felt they would kill him off, sacrifice himself so the others would live. Kind of like Darth Vader becoming Anakin again in his final moments with his son, or Severus Snape showing his true colors as he died. I was delighted but also shocked that not only did Gideon get to be a baby again, but they all got to be a family!

So I could see RC being a bit torn on this too, his character at times seems all about family but at others all about power, and RC mentioned his frustration with the inconsistencies of the show, which many viewers share as well. Is does hurt a bit to hear him say that, but I think he was simply sharing his opinion and I ‘m so glad S6 got such a wonderful array of HEAs. If you watch S7 and don’t like it, just go back to S6 and let that be your OUAT series finale. Its got to make RC feel like a million bucks to know that this one character means so much to so many people