View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 07:31 AM
Jp10ah
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
Amazingly the ratings are staying pretty consistent. It seems like fans are complaining a lot about the bad story lines but they are still hanging in there and watching the show. I think the ratings probably went up a bit last week because fans knew it was the 100th episode and thought the episode would be something special. If so, they were disappointed.

It is a double edged sword that the Nashies are so tenacious. It is what got us the renewal at CMT but it is now what is allowing the bad story lines to continue. Since we are already guaranteed a S6, this would be a great time to show our displeasure by not watching. It would force CMT to reevaluate and maybe make some changes for the better. If ratings stay the same, the bad story lines will just continue with more new characters and less air time for the characters we love.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how the ratings go for the remainder of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if next week's episode had lower ratings again.
The comments on Facebook are generally bad. I'm sure someone is reading those. Some are very harsh. When I think of creative type people I think of being hurt by the comments more than the ratings. And if the show is coming back for a guaranteed season 6, then I think nashies just need to make noise.