View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 01:19 PM
Betsybelle
Master Fan

Giles' meet and greet was awesome !

He is SO adorable and handsome - and tall, lol. He said this was his first convention and was a bit nervous (but he handled himself like a pro).
There’s so much to summarize :

* Giles, Bobby and Em are very much alike and are good friends. They’ve kept in touch since and, in fact, went out for dinner in Paris last night and “laughed our asses off” !!!

* Rumple slapping Gideon was totally Bobby; he didn’t tell Giles that he was going to do that, lol. Giles said that he needed that focus in the scene - it’s not that he wasn’t concentrating, but he needed that centering. He said that most actors would tell their acting partner if they were going to try something different, but not Bobby; he learned a great deal from that.

* Giles was nervous about meeting Bobby because he’d admired him for so long and because he does anger so well, but he was such a lovely person.

*Emilie is so warm and just exactly as she appears; she has a wicked sense of humor (she’s Australian and he’s half, so they laughed a lot). He spoke beautifully about how she made him feel safe as an actor, which is important - I was really moved by this.

* I thanked him for being the Rumbelle child that we always wanted and for truly being their son and not just some generic son. I expressed that I wished he’d had more scenes with Emilie, that Belle and Gideon didn’t share many scenes together, and he agreed. More than that, he expounded on that :
Giles felt that Gideon was in many ways Belle’s son and he tried to show that. He came right out and said that he felt the show missed a real opportunity with Belle and adult Gideon. I’m so glad that he felt like we all did.

*Giles, Em and Bobby would have breakfast, lunch and dinner in Bobby’s trailer - not because they had to, but because they wanted to. They laughed a LOT….

*Bobby and Emilie are adorable together; they got on as actors, as husband and wife and as people - they got each other as people

*A fan asked about a name for Gideon’s fans and he had a hard time with that. Gid something ? Giddy? I think we settled in something like Gideon’s Gangsters, lol. When we took photos after, the photographer asked us to be serious in the second one befitting gangsters, lol

Overall, Giles was awesome - I had such a great time. I LOVE that he, Bobby and Em are such good friends.