View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:08 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Ian has wrapped and this is gross.

Quote:
These are hard days for a preacher man. Having acquired the near all-powerful 'Word of God' the Reverend Jesse Custer (as played by Dominic Cooper) has the ability to make others follow his commands. But it’s a gift that’s brought him as much trouble as it has good. So with his hard-nosed ex Tulip (newly minted Oscar nominee Ruth Negga) and his best friend, the Irish vampire Cassidy (Joe Gilgun), he takes to the road in the first season of Preacher, on a mission to – quite literally – find the Almighty.

In hot pursuit, however, is the Saint of Killers (Graham McTavish), an invulnerable gunslinger tasked by God’s angels with stopping Jesse at all costs. And so, in year two, fans will find out what happens when an unstoppable force catches up with an immovable object. Blood and laughs are expected in equal measure, as fans of the Garth Ennis-penned comic on which the show is based have come to expect.

“The first episode,” Gilgun tells GR+'s sister publication SFX magazine on the show’s New Orleans set, “really lures you into believing they’re off on this big adventure and everything’s going to be great. Well, the reality is that’s just not the case.”

According to Negga, wearing Tulip’s denim and curls, we catch up with the group “...in a car, doing some really bad singing. Generally that’s how you find them at the start of their road trip. But they encounter a bad, bad man who’s done some bad, bad things. It’s the start of this cat-and-mice game between us and the Saint of Killers. Cassidy and Tulip are expecting to go off on an idealised movie road trip with their bezzies, and it ends up being kind of the opposite of fun and frolics.”

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.