View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 06:48 PM
sherry02
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I try not to read too much into things said like that anymore because I noticed it's par for the course with the writing for many past relationships on a show when they have a character moving on. They even started that with Robin after they got rid of him - first he was going to be her HE, then just part of it, and now he was another 'lesson' to open her heart and move on. And IF Regina were to get another true love going into s7, I would expect another revisionist answer regarding Robin Hood when being compared to a current love interest. The important thing is WE know the relevance of the characters during their time in the story.
I wondered when they did that if it was because they were setting her up for a possible new love interest at some point. I don't understand that thinking. A person can have more than one great love in their life. It isn't necessary to downplay a past love in order to make the current one look better, especially if the first one ended because the person died. It's not as if the two relationships are in competition. I think they even do this sometimes with relationships on the show that are happening at the same time. They hyper focus on one couple and the others all suffer as a result of it. Either they are pushed to the background or get crappy storylines so that no one else looks quite as good as the couple they are focusing on. Which makes me very nervous for Regina for possibly getting a new love interest at the same time Henry's epic love story is happening.