View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 10:49 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Amelia. Here it is, sorry for the delay! (I just remembered that Paulina wanted to get her list in too, but not sure if she's had the chance to work on it yet)

Sarah's Top 5 Grounder/Arker Relationships + Friendships

1. Clarke/Roan

X

I went back and forth a lot on whether to rank them or Octavia/Lincoln first but ultimately,
I went with Clarke/Roan because I genuinely love their dynamic so much ... they respected
one another as leaders/allies. And I always loved how Roan had a soft spot for Clarke but
yet, stood his ground when he needed to. In turn, Clarke always believed that Roan was a good
king/ally and saw him as a just, reasonable person despite the terrible reputation that Ice Nation
has. I just wish that they had left things on good terms and that we could have gotten more
scenes of them together before he died.

2. Lincoln/Octavia

X

This was such an important relationship for Octavia to have ... I didn't exactly like how
it started but they truly fell in love with each other, despite the rough start that they had. It
kills me that they had all these plans to just leave and be together, but despite their best
intentions, it was never to be. However, it still doesn't change the fact that Lincoln was
Octavia's great love, and though she might find love again in the future, he'll always be in her
memory and nothing will ever change that.

3. Octavia/Indra

X

Who would have thought that these two would be so closely linked and form a strong bond after their first
encounter? I didn't for sure. I may not agree with Indra's actions all the time (or Octavia's for that matter) and
the whole bunker scene where she pledges allegiance to Octavia still makes me uneasy for some reason but there's one
undeniable thing: their loyalty/love for one another. Indra protects Octavia like her own daughter and Octavia in turn
draws strength from Indra, and also stood by her during her weakest moment and I love that.

4. Kane/Indra

X

This friendship just makes me smile because again, it's another unexpected friendship between an Arker/Grounder. Kane
has come so far from his days on the Ark and his friendship/partnership with Indra also demonstrates that to some extent.
They respect one another and though it's a bit fragmented right now, I still think that they'll ultimately mend things (in the
bunker). And Indra dove in front of the line of fire just to save her friend, enough said.

5. Murphy/Emori

X

I never thought that anything/anyone would make me like Murphy but here it is, Emori did. They're very alike
in some ways, but also completely different in many aspects as well and as unlikely as this pairing is, it just WORKS
somehow. Loving Emori has also changed Murphy for the better (in some respects) and for once in her life, he makes her
feel safe/loved etc.

Honorary Mentions

X Octavia/Ilian
X Clarke/Niylah
X Bellamy/Lincoln
X Raven/Luna

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 06-11-2017 at 07:43 PM